The North Carolina
“WINGS AND WHEELS DAY”
MARCH 27, 2010
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
The event last year drew an attendance of many spectators, plus quite a gathering of aviation enthusiasts and antique car and motorcycle buffs. With the additional planning and advertising being done this year, it is expected this year’s event will attract many more.
COME SEE UNUSUAL AIRPLANES YOU HAVEN’T SEEN BEFORE!!
Many unusual airplanes came to the fly-in last year, and more are expected this year. Visitors were delighted to see several types of ultra-light aircraft, rotor-craft (these are really out of the ordinary), single-engine aircraft from the 1940’s and 1950’s, high performance stunt planes, helicopters and more. This year, plans are in the works for the military to participate with some of their aircraft.
THERE’LL BE AN EXHIBITION OF WHEELS ON THE GROUND, TOO!!
Antique car enthusiasts and motorcyclist are invited to come and exhibit their “Pride and Joy” vehicles. Many of these antique cars and motorcycles represent hundreds of hours of work and become beautiful “works-of-art”. You will enjoy engaging in conversation with the owners of these vehicles, learning their history or stories behind them.
EVENTS AND ATTENDEES PLANNED FOR THE DAY
· Airplane rides will be available
· Exhibition of many different types of aircraft
· The 99’s (an organization of Female Pilots)
· JAARS (Jungle Aviation and Radio Support) for missionaries over seas
· Exhibit by the Anson County Sheriffs Department
· Air National Guard
· Indian Trail Civil Air Patrol
· Flight Simulator
· Med Center Air Helicopter exhibition
· Antique car show (prizes will be awarded)
· Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar and Cholesterol Screenings
· A DJ will bring music and entertainment for your enjoyment
· Concessions will be available to quench your thirst and hunger pains!
· And much more!
WHEN, WHERE AND CONTACTS
· For those flying in, the Anson County Airport Identifier is: KAFP
· An Automated Weather Observation Service is available by dialing: 704-695-0623
Link to the
· For more information, contact: Tim Hamilton
Airport Manager: Mr. Gary Fincher